Scuba Diving Phuket, Thailand: Mermaid Liveaboards Booking Conditions
General Booking, Cancellation, Payment and others policies - effective date March 2005.
Sharkey Scuba Ltd. reserves the right to alter published rates without prior notice. National Park, Port and visa fees are subject to increase and/or be due to amendment by government policy change, and are out of the control of Mermaid Cruise Ltd.
*Non-divers receive a 10% discount on all liveaboard trips*
Thailand and Burma only - Price Inclusion
- Transfer hotel/boat/hotel on boat departure/arrival days or for airport pick up on same day departure or arrival in Phuket (or Ranong airport option for Burma guests)
- All meals & snacks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soft drinks and drinking water
- Tanks, weights, weight belts
- Professional Divemasters/Instructors.
Thailand and Burma Only - Not Included in Price
- National Park Fees of Thai Baht 1,200 or Myanmar entry fee US$140.00 (new unmarked notes),
- Rental equipment,
- Nitrox (enriched air)
- On board courses
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Price is on application for any transfers north of the airport or from other locations off Phuket Island.
- Guests arriving/departing on days other than cruise departure/arrival dates or after the normal cruise departure times will require special transfers. Special transfers will be charged to the guest on board – Airport and south @ 500 baht per person each way, north of the airport or from other locations off Phuket Island – price on application.
Thailand and Burma only - Cruise Departure/Arrival Times
- MV Mermaid II - Similans 18:00/16:00
- Hin Daeng & Phi Phi 18:00/09:00
- MV Mermaid I – Burma ex Ranong 17:00/16:00
- Burma/Phuket 17:00/16:00
- Burma ex Phuket/Burma 08:00-10:00/16:00
- Phuket/Phuket 18:00/16:00
- Phuket/Ranong 18:00/TBA.
Note all cruise departure and arrival times are subject to change without notice. Please check times on booking for your specific cruise.
Note for Burma guests only
Burma (Myanmar) Entry Fee of US$140.00 for each passenger is payable in cash only on departure day. Four (4) passport photos are also required on departure day, together with a photo copy of the main (picture) page of the passport.
When checking in, all divers are required to complete a liability release waiver and to show proof of diving certification and dive medical insurance such as PADI, Dan or equivalent. Please have these available in your hand luggage.
You are welcome to leave excess luggage in our offices at Patong, Phuket. Direct Ranong arrivals will take all luggage on board.
Deposits, Payments, Cancellations - Personal and Group Bookings (less than 8 persons)
- Deposit: 30% within 10 days of booking
- Final Payment: 60 days prior to departure
- Last Minute Bookings: 100% payment within 24 hours of booking or prior to boarding for bookings made on departure day
- More than 90 days prior departure: Refund of deposit minus USD 100.00
- 90 to 60 days prior departure: Deposit lost
- Less than 60 days prior departure: No Refund
Deposits, Payments and Cancellations - Full Boat Charter or Group (8+persons) Bookings
- A 10% non-refundable deposit is required within 10 business days of booking. If not received, the cruise will be open for resale.
- The next 25% of the total cost to be paid at least 120 days before the departure date.
- The balance, 65% of the total cost, to be paid at least 90 days before the departure date.
- More than 120 days before the departure date, all payments will be refunded, less the 10% initial deposit
- Less than 120 days but more than 90 days before the departure date all payments will be refunded, less 35% of the total cost
- If a cancellation is made for part of the group then the refund will be pro-rated accordingly. All payments for the cancelling guests will be refunded less 35% of the total cost of each cancelled guest. Any FOC concessions will be adjusted accordingly
- Less than 90 days before the departure date, no refunds will be made
Important - Please Read
Lastly, Sharkey Scuba Ltd does not offer refunds for Mermaid cruises in the event of personal injury, airplane delay, mechanical breakdowns, weather, sickness, strikes, war, criminal acts, quarantine, acts of god, if another guest requires immediate evacuation and the vessel must return to port or any other event beyond its actual control. Guests are strongly advised to have valid dive medical, travel and cancellation insurances.
Home | About Us | Burma Liveaboards | Hin Daeng Liveaboards | Similan Liveaboards | Phuket Dive Sites | Phi Phi Dive Sites | Similans Dive Sites | Phuket Photos |Phi Phi Photos | Similans Photos | Hall Of Fame | Contact Us