Prior to the course watch the PADI Open Water Diver video either online before you arrive in Phuket OR in the comfort of your own hotel. Complete some quizzes at the end of each chapter of the PADI Open Water Diver manual in preparation for the first day of your course.
- At our pool-side restaurant start by discussing with your own private instructor what you saw in the diving video and read in the PADI Open Water manual.
- Next, time to get in the water. Learn and practice diving skills in a custom-designed diving pool, initially in shallow water, later moving to deep water. Swim around underwater in the pool to help you become familiar with your dive equipment/underwater environment in a safe and relaxed way.
- Time to get into the sea. Enjoy a full day trip to the beautiful reefs of Phuket on a modern, comfortable boat and discover the local marine life. Over two or three dives, depending on the package chosen, practice some of the skills learnt on the previous day. With your own instructor right by your side at all times to ensure your personal safety you will also have plenty of time to explore the exciting and fascinating underwater world.
Dive Site Options
Choose from two options for your dive experience:
- Racha Yai Island - Generally clear water, wonderful marine life with dives in sheltered bays make this an ideal starting place especially for those who are a little nervous. Read more
- Racha Noi and Yai Islands - A great mix of landscapes and marine life in quieter dive spots. Occasionally larger wildlife is spotted here including turtles and large rays. Read more
Please note that due to new government regulations to help with reef protection we can no longer offer this program at Phi Phi Islands.
Gold Package Price (2 dives)
Dives are at Racha Yai Island.
- Standard price: 12,400 baht per student
- 1 student: 10% online discount = 11,160 baht per student
- 2 students: 15% online discount = 10,540 baht per student
- 3 or more students: 20% online discount = 9,920 baht per student
Platinum Package Price (3 dives)
Dives are at Racha Noi and Yai islands.
- Standard price: 13,200 baht per student
- 1 student: 10% online discount = 11,880 baht per student
- 2 students: 15% online discount = 11,220 baht per student
- 3 or more students: 20% online discount = 10,560 baht per student
What's Included (no hidden extras)
- Private instruction. Read more.
- PADI Open Water manual (one per student).
- PADI certification costs.
- One full day boat trip including complimentary breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee, water, snacks.
- Complimentary transfers to/from hotel from the following towns: Chalong, Kamala, Kata, Karon, Patong, Rawai*.
- Scuba diving equipment use – Owned and maintained by Sharkey Scuba.
- Free Dive Accident Insurance – Up to one million baht per student.
*Transfers are also available from other areas around Phuket for a small surcharge. Prices available on request.
Itinerary (all times are approximate)
- Hotel pick ups: 07:00 to 8:00 a.m. depending on place of stay.
- Journey times to/from islands: Racha Yai – 1 ½ hours, Racha Noi – 2 hours
- Return times to Chalong pier are as follows: Racha Yai (2 dives) – 15:30, Racha Noi (3 dives) – 17:30.
- Large, modern and spacious dive boats (over 20 metres long).
- General facilities include: lounge areas, dining areas, toilets and fresh water showers.
- Safety equipment includes: life jackets, medical first aid kits and emergency oxygen equipment.
- All meals are freshly cooked on board - mix of Western and Thai buffet.
- Special meals e.g. vegetarian are available on request - please ask when booking.
For bookings or more info please fill in our Information Request Form.