PADI Divemaster Kurser
The new PADI Divemaster course, introduced in November 2010, involves a combination of dive theory, assisting students, development of in-water skills and open water diving. To become a good quality divemaster a minimum of 3 weeks is necessary to complete the course. Full details of the course including pre-requisites are given below.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Proof of minimum 40 logged dives
- Certified in CPR training within the two years of Divemaster certification
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months. (This can be arranged in Phuket for a minimal fee of approximately 300 baht).
It is required that you have the following minimum equipment for any confined or open water dives during the course:
- Mask, snorkel, fins
- Regulator including alternate air source
- BCD with low pressure inflator hose
- Weight system
- Exposure suit
- Timing device and depth gauge (or dive computer)
- Knife/dive tool
- Emergency signalling device (whistle, flare, inflatable signal tube)
We strongly recommend that you have your own set of diving equipment. If you wish to purchase any equipment then we at Sharkey Scuba offer a 15% discount off any diving-related equipment bought during your divemaster course. Alternatively you can rent a full set for the duration of the course at a special price of 4,000 baht including dive computer use.
Under the PADI course pre-requisites each trainee is required to have, in their possession, a personal set of materials for study and use during the divemaster course and for reference afterwards as follows:
- PADI Divemaster manual
- PADI Instructor manual
- RDP (Table and e-RDPML)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster Slates
- Log book
The above materials are available in a special Divemaster training pack. Please contact us for latest prices for the study materials listed above. Please note that we offer a 10% discount off any study materials purchased during your divemaster course.
- Watch the PADI Divemaster video
- Read the PADI Divemaster manual and complete all knowledge reviews.
- Complete the Divemaster final exam (2 parts, each with 60 questions)
- Create and complete an Emergency Assistance plan
Water Skills and Stamina
- Four timed swim tests as follows: 400 metre swim, 15 minute float/tread, 800 metre snorkel swim and 100 metre diver tow
- Equipment exchange exercise
- Rescue assessment
- Show demonstration quality skills of all basic scuba/skin diving skills e.g. Mask remove/replace.
- Practical skills workshops: Dive site set up and management, mapping project, dive briefings search and recovery scenario and deep dive scenario
- Divemaster Conducted Program workshops: Scuba diver in confined water, Skin diver course and snorkeling supervision, Discover Scuba Diving program in confined water, Discover Scuba Diving program in Open Water, Discover Local Diving in Open Water
Assist with the following:
- Open Water students in confined water
- Open Water students in Open Water
- Continuing education students in Open Water
- Certified divers in Open Water
Divemaster trainees are also assessed on their professionalism throughout the course. These vary from active positive participation to appearance.
För bokning eller mer info fyll i formuläret för informationsförfrågan.